Rockwall County Texas
Rockwall County Texas
Rockwall County Texas

Go To Search
Justice of the Peace Jack James
1111 E. Yellowjacket Lane
Suite 301
Rockwall, Texas 75087

1. Where can we obtain a marriage license?
Marriage licenses are obtained through the County Clerk's office.
For more details, contact (972) 204-6300.

2. After we obtain our license, how soon can we get married?
There is a state mandated 72-hour waiting period.
The waiting period is waived for Active Duty Military.
3. When can we get married by the Justice of the Peace?
Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 7:30AM-4PM; Closed 12:00 noon until 1:00PM.
Justice Center office ceremonies are offered by appointment, between the hours of
8:00AM - 4:00PM, Monday - Friday at the Rockwall County Courthouse
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane
Suite 301
 Rockwall, Texas
Call (972) 204-6740 to schedule your appointment.
4. What is the cost for a Justice of the Peace Ceremony?
The cost varies depending on location and day of the week.  
Call (972) 204-6740 for costs.
5. How long will a Justice of the Peace ceremony take?
The ceremony usually takes 10-15minutes.
6. Do we need a witness?
7. Can we invite guests to our Justice of the Peace ceremony?
Yes, however space is limited.