The responsibilities of the Rockwall County Fire Marshal include:
- Performing security inspections on residents for insurance rate reductions
- Inspecting and regulating firework stands
- Investigating all fires in the County
- Remaining on-call for fire investigations, Hazmat response, and major disasters
- Performing annual life-safety and fire-prevention inspections on commercial businesses
The mission of the Rockwall County Fire Marshal is to strive to provide for the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Rockwall County, in accordance with the International Fire Code of 2015 with all COG amendments and Option B, Chapter 352 of the Texas Local Government Code, County policy, and sound emergency management practices.
The Rockwall County Fire Marshal strives for professionalism in all areas of performance. The Fire Marshal applies the law and County policies fairly and consistently throughout the County. The Fire Marshal communicates openly with the public, elected officials, fellow fire departments, and law enforcement agencies within the County.