The links below are to external websites that are not affiliated with Rockwall County. They are provided for your convenience. We have not reviewed or approved all of the content at these sites. Never share your personal information over an unfamiliar site.
The U.S. Centers for ACA, Medicare & Medicaid Services
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Information & Resources
- HealthCare.gov: Official consumer site for the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Local Assistance with Affordable Health Care
- Guide to the Health Insurance Marketplace: With one application, you can see all your options and enroll in health insurance coverage.
- Health Insurance Marketplace for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Designed for professionals interested in learning about the Marketplace and helping people apply. The site includes PowerPoint presentations, fact sheets, brochures, talking points and more
- Call 800-318-2596 (TTY: 855-889-4325) to get your ACA questions answered by a customer service representative, available 24/7.
- Get Covered America, a non-partisan, nonprofit, nonpartisan campaign of Enroll America focused on raising public awareness and engaging consumers about the new health insurance available under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Kaiser Family Foundation. Information on health insurance marketplaces, as well as a subsidy calculator. (Accessed September 17, 2020)
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine regional centers offer general health reference materials, as well as dedicated ACA pages, which may have more specific local information:
Health Information Sources
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Medical Library Association: Top Health Websites
- The Mayo Clinic Patient Health Information
- Merck Manuals Online
- U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- New England Journal of Medicine
- PubMed: Free search of many quality medical databases
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Physician's Desk Reference Drug Information
- U.S. Medicine Information Central
- Texas Office of the Public Insurance Counsel: Information on insurance companies, including shopping guides.
- American Medical Association: Includes health information and "Doctor Finder".
- Texas Medical Association DocFinder
- Texas Medical Board: Texas Medical Board information, including licensing dates, education, specialties and disciplinary history for Texas doctors and other medical professionals.