Jury Service - Scam Alert
Recently, unauthorized persons have made telephone calls to potential jurors, claiming that a warrant has been issued for failure to appear for Jury Service, and requesting money in order to avoid arrest. These calls are ficticious and fraudulent and should be ignored.
When the county issues a summons for jury service it is accomplished by a notice sent by U.S. Mail. Telephone calls, text, or emails regarding jury service should be ignored, and reported immediately by calling the Jury Coordinator for Rockwall County at 972-204-6500 (option 3).
Rockwall County Online Jury Services
- Check your juror status online.
- Claim an exemption or disqualification online.
- Complete your juror questionnaire online.
- Postpone your jury service online.
To request an over 75 years of age permanent exemption please complete the form and return it to us either in person, by regular mail, or by email at email@example.com.
To request a permanent exemption or an exemption for a specified period of time for the following reasons: Physical Impairment, Metal Impairment, or English Language Inability, please contact our Office at (972) 204-6500, option 3, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Jurors are required to complete their jury questionnaire online. To avoid long wait times click the link below.
Tips for submitting online deferrals, excusals, and disqualifications after completing your Questionnaire:
- If you are having trouble viewing the jury site, check that your browser is Google Chrome.
- Your Candidate ID is located underneath the barcode. When typing it in you do not need to use the leading zeroes.
- After entering all required information click continue at the bottom.
- Complete your questionnaire and then click submit.
- At the top left of your screen is the HOME BUTTON to press to DEFER, EXCUSE, or DISQUALIFY your service.
- Log out when you are finished.
Rockwall County Courthouse
Liberty Hall - First Floor
1111 E Yellow Jacket Lane
Rockwall, Texas 75087
- No electronic devices (cellphone etc.)
- Appropriate attire is required. (no shorts, tank tops, etc.)
- The law provides that the court may not excuse any juror for economic reasons unless all parties of record are present and approve such excuse. The court adheres to a very strict excuse policy.
- All persons entering the building are subject to metal detection screening and search.
- To avoid the line, please go online before your scheduled date to appear and complete the required questionnaire. See the above link.
Q. How was I selected?
A. You were selected at random from a combined list of voter registrations and driver registrations from the county in which you live.
Q. What are the different types of cases?
A. Criminal and Civil
Q. Will I be paid for being a juror?
A. Yes. You will be paid a minimum of $6 for the first day if you are not chosen on a jury. You will be paid $40 for each additional day you served as a juror.
Q. Must my employer pay me while I am on jury duty?
A. Your employer is not required to pay you while on jury duty: however, employers are prohibited by law from firing an employee for serving as a juror.
Q. What if I have a special need or emergency?
A. After you have been selected as a juror on a trial panel, if you have a special need or an emergency, tell the bailiff.