- Fully electric cars and trucks with a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 lbs. or less will be assessed an annual $200 fee at time of initial registration or renewal starting September 1, 2023
- New electric vehicles (EV) issued two years of registration to match a two-year inspection will be assessed a $400 fee.
What is Exempt
- Vehicles with combination fuel types
- Neighborhood electric vehicles.
- Governmental vehicles with exempt registration
- Other vehicles for which no registration fee is due, including those with Disabled Veteran and other meritorious military license plates
An "EV FEE" of $200 will appear as a line item on the renewal notice for electric vehicles later this year. EV owners with registrations expiring in September and October 2023 will receive letters explaining the change in state law and the impact to their renewal cost.
- Customers renewing their registration prior to September 1, 2023, will not be charged the fee regardless of when their registration expires
- Customers renewing on or after September 1, 2023, will be required to pay the fee regardless of when their registration expired
Title work of any kind and out of state registrations cannot be processed after 4:30 pm
Vehicle title transfers
Vehicle and trailer registrations
- New to Texas | TxDMV.gov
- Texas Department of Motor Vehicles - Vehicle Title and Registration Services (txdmv.gov)
Specialty license plates
Disability parking placards and plates
Texas Parks and Wildlife title transfers and renewals
As of October 1st, 2012, all Rockwall County property taxes and their collections will be handled by the Central Appraisal District. All Rockwall County residents should now only receive one tax bill with all entities listed.
SB 2 Sec 106 - Truth in Taxation - Tax Rate Information for past 5 years
TNT Information - Rockwall Central Appraisal District (rockwallcad.com)
The Central Appraisal District is located at 841 Justin Road, Rockwall. (972-771-2034