County Clerk Jennifer Fogg has complied with the Supreme Court’s June 26, 2015 ruling to allow same sex marriages. Rockwall County has been known for more than 70 years as the “Marriage Capital of Texas.” The actual Rockwall County marriage certificates continue to be sought after due to their elegance, heritage, and history. https://texaslawhelp.org/article/same-sex-marriage-in-texas
How to apply for a Marriage License
- Both be present
Show proper identification - Driver's License or Identification Card
- Know social security number
- Know city and county in which you were born
Be 18 years of age or older
Exceptions to the Waiting Period
- An applicant is a member of the armed forces of the United States and on active duty with military identification.
- A judge waives the 72-hour period for good cause.
- The couple completes a premarital education course described by Section 2.013, and provides to the County Clerk a premarital education course completion certificate indicating completion of the premarital education course not more than 1 year before the date the marriage license application is filed with the Clerk. For more information on Twogether in Texas please visit Twogether in Texas.
- Get information about verification of marriage and divorce records from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Get information about Blood Test for HIV/AIDS.
- Get information on the Premarital Education Handbook.
- Get information about the Name Change Process for newlyweds.
- To contact the department that processes this type of request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer FoggCounty Clerk
County ClerkPhysical Address
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane
Rockwall, TX 75087
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane Suite 100 Rockwall TX 75087
Phone: (972) 204-6300Fax: (972) 204-6309
Monday - Friday
8 AM - 5 PM
WE REQUEST THAT ALL FINAL TRANSACTIONS BE COMPLETED BY 4:00 P.M.Most GPS and internet maps are wrong on our location. We are 0.3 miles east of Goliad/SH 205.