In an effort to protect both citizens and employees, if you are experiencing COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, have recently traveled or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, etc. please contact the County Clerk’s Office in advance. Thank you for your support and understanding as we work together through this situation.
How to apply for a Marriage License
Please complete The Marriage License online application prior to calling our office to schedule a time for both parties to come in to finalize the application requirements and receive the marriage certificate. We do not provide the technical assistance in the use of the Internet. If you experience problems in completing the application and/or do not receive a confirmation number you must come into the Rockwall County Clerk's office to obtain your Marriage License.
Requirements for Finalizing the Application Process and Obtaining a Marriage License
- Both be present
- Show proper identification - Driver's License or Identification Card
- Know social security number
- Know city and county in which you were born
- Be 18 years of age or older
The fee is $82. A portion of this fee ($60) will be waived after attending a state approved 8-hour premarital training class. Information on this class can be found at: Twogether in Texas
There is a 72-hour waiting period from the time the license is issued and the time it becomes effective. The license is valid for 90 days after issuance.
Exceptions to the Waiting Period
Pursuant to Texas Family Code Section 2.204, 72-hour waiting period; exceptions, the marriage ceremony may not take place during a 72-hour period immediately following the issuance of the marriage license except when:
- An applicant is a member of the armed forces of the United States and on active duty with military identification.
- A judge waives the 72-hour period for good cause.
- The couple completes a premarital education course described by Section 2.013, and provides to the County Clerk a premarital education course completion certificate indicating completion of the premarital education course not more than 1 year before the date the marriage license application is filed with the Clerk. For more information on Twogether in Texas please visit Twogether in Texas.
Shelli MillerCounty Clerk
County ClerkPhysical Address
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane
Rockwall, TX 75087
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane Suite 100 Rockwall TX 75087
Phone: (972) 204-6300Fax: (972) 204-6309
Monday - Friday
8 AM - Noon1 PM - 5 PM
WE REQUEST THAT ALL FINAL TRANSACTIONS BE COMPLETED BY 4:00 P.M.Most GPS and internet maps are wrong on our location. We are 0.3 miles east of Goliad/SH 205.